The School Nutrition Programs module has been designed with all the capabilities necessary to simplify the administration of the program with online entry of applications and claims through an intranet or the Internet.
CTS has unequaled experience in the development of software products tailored to assist states in the management of federally funded Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs. We integrate emerging computer technologies with custom applications and system software to provide innovative, reliable, cost-effective and turnkey solutions. We have been developing Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs since 1994. Our software and services have been used in over half of the country. Our track record of outstanding services and products makes CTS a strong choice when planning to automate the Child Nutrition Programs.
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- Special Milk Program (SMP)
- After School Snack Program (ASSP)
- Seamless Summer Option (SSO)
- Tracks program participation information (School Breakfast, School Lunch, Special Milk, After School Snack, and Summer Seamless Option).
- Tracks information for Sponsors and Sites.
- Tracks and displays changes made to applications.
- Information maintained includes: provisions, severe need status, food service management company information, menu planning, and operating months.
- Manages processes and tracks receipt of documents during application period.
- Flexible state financial information reporting; can import data from external systems.
- Built-in application edit checks ensure accurate data entry on all enrollment forms.
- Ability to stop payment of reimbursement claims, e.g., the application does not pass all necessary business rules or the sponsor has terminated.
- Allows for automatic rolling over of data from previous program year.
- Ability to process reimbursement claims as frequently during a month as desired.
- Allows entry of original or revised claims.
- Supports claim submission at a sponsor or site level.
- Seamless integration into the state’s financial payment system, which greatly reduces data entry and processing time by the state.
- Full year summary view of all claims and earnings.
- Claims must pass all edit checks in order to be approved for payment. State override capability is also available.
- Flexible Severe Need Breakfast reconciliation options.
- Automated calculations for Provision 2 and 3.
State Matching Funds
- Tracking of State matching funds for breakfast and lunch.
- Flexible management of State matching funds allows State to disburse at the time of claiming or via a batch process.
- Ability to disburse a specified amount of money.
- Creates the FNS10 report and supporting information.
- Ability to create ad-hoc reports by State staff.
- Ability to export report data into a variety of formats including Excel, Word, and Rich Text.
- Robust reporting options available for State administrators, sponsors, and financial staff for analysis and management of the program.
- New custom reports can be developed or the current reports can be customized to fit the State’s individual needs.
- Creates mailing labels for a variety of contact types.